This is the Northern Brewer AG kit. DUNE-KEL-VITE-ZEN!
- My well water
- 1 tbsp PH 5.2 stabilizer
- 5 lbs. Weyermann Dark Wheat malt
- 3.5 lbs. German Pilsner malt
- 1 lbs. German Dark Munich malt
- 0.5 lbs. Weyermann Caramunich II
- 0.25 lbs. Briess Caramel 120
- 1 oz German Tettnang (60 min)
- 1 tsp Irish moss
- Safbrew WB-06 dry ale yeast
Brew Day (2/2/18)
- Chose single infusion mash with mashout. Target mash temp 152. Hit 148-149F on mash step 1.
- added water at about 170F halfway thru mash to bring mash temp to around 154-155 for final 15 mins of step 1. This makes the mash closer to a traditional multi-step mash, I guess.
- Hit 164F for mash out – target was 170F.
- collected about 5.75 gallons wort
- started heating at 11:50 am
- came to a boil around 1:05 pm
- started cooling wort around 2:05 pm
- cooled to 75 around 2:25 pm
- Using spigot on new boil kettle, I drained cooled wort through a strainer. After a while it got messy and I just let the wort go in without a strainer (see photos).
- got about 4.8 gallons of wort
- pitched dry yeast at 2:40 pm (did not rehydrate)
- OG: 1.057
Racked to secondary on 2/11. No gravity reading taken. I’ll leave it in secondary for 2 weeks, I think. It tastes amazing at the moment. Bready and complex. Can’t wait for this one!
Yielded 43 bottles. FG 1.012 (5.9% ABV). Still tastes amazing. Maybe my best yet.